Tim Harvard-Sweeting BA, MA, BACP
Psychotherapy, counselling and coaching
online – face-to-face – Cornwall – world
I hope your search for a therapist is going well.
I can help you to:
- Overcome mental illness, distress or frustrations,
- Find your own solutions and fresh perspectives,
- Come to terms with events and situations,
- Recover from trauma and abuse,
- Find more meaning in your life,
- Have more positive thoughts and feelings,
- Feel more open to new experiences and less anxious about the future,
- Be less vulnerable to life’s challenges, and more effective in problem-solving,
- Be more confident in how you relate to other people,
- Live by your own values, feeling more in control of your life.
Good therapy, tailored to you
You can grow beyond your current difficulties, if you have a suitable environment in which to explore and understand what is happening with you, in your own terms. I can help provide this environment.
I’m one of Cornwall’s leading person-centred psychotherapists, and I also work online, helping people all over the world. I trained with world-leading experts at the University of Nottingham. As a member of the BACP I adhere to high ethical standards, to protect your privacy and safety.
Since starting private practice in 2018 I’ve enjoyed considerable success, and I’m able to do this work full-time. (Here’s more about me).
Feel heard, feel understood, feel stronger
Person-centred therapy / counselling / coaching is a well-established approach that’s as effective as other leading therapies or medication, yet with long-lasting change. The original evidence-based approach, it was developed by psychologists rather than medical doctors.
Because it works ‘from the inside out’, it is not dependent on medical diagnosis. Unlike all other types of therapy, the person-centred approach helps you to see things confidently from your own perspective.
This approach is holistic: we can work with your emotions, thoughts, dreams, behaviours or feelings.
You will be truly heard, and understood, as a person. It is like having the therapist right there in your head, with you, helping you make better sense of your situation, and feeling a growing confidence.
Keeping therapy affordable
My fees have remained the same since 2018, and I have no plans to increase them.